Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5' vs ASUS VE276Q Black 27"

(!)

Member with 51 posts.

14-Jan-2012, 08:06 PM #1
Solved: Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5' vs ASUS VE276Q Black 27"
I have not own any of these monitors but I need to know what monitor is right for me. I mostly play FPS games, currently BF3 and I have eyefinity 3x20in displays with a resolution of 5076x900. I noticed eyefinity wasn't at all that good for my gaming, it made me feel a bit nauseous. Don't get me wrong, I love it but it only happens when I play FPS games for some reason. Racing games, Flight simulations or Third person view games probably is best for eyefinity, IMO. And I've heard lots of people goes with bigger screen and higher resolution. The Hanns 28in monitor is 27.5" with 1920x1200 resolution while the ASUS 27" has a resolution of 1920x1080.

Before I forget, here's the link:
ASUS pricing at around $280: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] S%20VE276Q

Hanns pricing at around $280: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] llFullInfo

both have the same price but which one has a better immersion in gameplay? also when I watch movies from PS3 Bluray?

Excuse my bad grammer (english isn't my native langauge). I appreciate everybody's participation and I thank you in advance!
catlady13 catlady13 is offline catlady13 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 841 posts.

14-Jan-2012, 08:42 PM #2
HI, responded to your other post but just realized the Asus monitor you are looking at is the one I have. I do game with it and it is great. The colours are really good and response time is great. The stand is a bit wobbly to be honest but the monitor itself is so good that I don't really care. That wouldn't be a problem anyway unless you are hitting it a lot. I use the switch on the bottom of the monitor all the time to go from dvi connector on my pc to vga connector on my mac mini. I don't know about the Hanss one but I love my Asus.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
14-Jan-2012, 08:53 PM #3
Member with 51 posts.

14-Jan-2012, 09:01 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by black-wolf View Post
Thanks for the review lists.
Justa quicky q, there's a 23.6in that cost around $100 less than the 27in, is it worth buying the 27in?
catlady13 catlady13 is offline catlady13 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 841 posts.

14-Jan-2012, 09:02 PM #5
Gosh yes , for sure. I love the extra space. I love it for gaming. I love the extra space for watching movies. I have no dead pixels. I really think it is worth it. I use my computer a lot so for me it is an investment. I hate cheaping out and then finding I am not happy.
Member with 51 posts.

14-Jan-2012, 09:05 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady13 View Post
HI, responded to your other post but just realized the Asus monitor you are looking at is the one I have. I do game with it and it is great. The colours are really good and response time is great. The stand is a bit wobbly to be honest but the monitor itself is so good that I don't really care. That wouldn't be a problem anyway unless you are hitting it a lot. I use the switch on the bottom of the monitor all the time to go from dvi connector on my pc to vga connector on my mac mini. I don't know about the Hanss one but I love my Asus.
Thanks for viewing this thread and also my other one. Just really hesitating right now. If money wasn't the issue then I would've go with the 27in's. I mean the one 23.6in that you can find on my other thread is $100 less and as you can see on my estimation from where i lay down on my bed and where the monitor is at, it's obvious that the 27in is going to have a better view when watching videos but then does the 23.6/24in monitor will be that bad when im on my bed watching?
Member with 51 posts.

14-Jan-2012, 09:08 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady13 View Post
Gosh yes , for sure. I love the extra space. I love it for gaming. I love the extra space for watching movies. I have no dead pixels. I really think it is worth it. I use my computer a lot so for me it is an investment. I hate cheaping out and then finding I am not happy.
OH WOW XD! I'll keep that in mind. I know now that I'll probably go for the 27in ASUS, just need more replies before I take action )) THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
asus, gaming, hanns, lcd, monitor

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!