Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jan-2012, 07:59 AM #1
Red face Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem
Ok, I really need HELP! I literally spent all last week reading/researching this issue, but this one is over my head, so after being up ALL night trying to figure it out, I am pleading for some one on this wonderful forum to assist me.

Acer Aspire One D250, aka kav60, typical netbook with no external DVD Drive. I bought 2 (nearly)identical ones for my grandkids. Here's what happened:

1. One of them became terribly infected with trojans, rootkits, worms, you name it. The other grandchild who is learning about computers decided to "fix" it. He cleaned the computer and the system was clean but locking up and not running well.

2. He said the took the "good" hard drive out and tried to "clone" it OVER top of the bad one.

Now it won't boot at all,
Currently, when trying to boot it says the drive needs formatted, please see the pic that shows the partitions. Also when I put it in an external enclosure, it also tells me it needs formatted.

I really need step by step on how to correct the problem. BTW, I have NO recovery disks - only the restore function built in (which isn't working)

I have made an UBCD and also Hiren's, but I am not familiar with the commands.

So, I am guessing, that the MBR is messed up and the partitions as well.

If one of you fine folks could walk me thru, I will forever be indebted to you. Thanks so much!!
Attached Thumbnails
Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem-ruby-partions.jpg  
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
acer, help =), netbook, partition, recovery

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!