Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: No video on screen, not even bios. Help!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 12 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Feb-2012, 09:58 PM #1
Solved: No video on screen, not even bios. Help!
Hello,
I have an HP Pavilion Slimline s3120n here. Bought it in 2006-2007, stopped working early 2008 same problem as mentioned in title. I bought a new computer, left the slimline in storage for a 2 1/2 years, until recently i got it fixed. It was working fine, despite a bad hard drive ( problem went away after about a week). Even put windows 7 on it. However, after a month of use it suddenly stoppped working. Same problem from the beginning.
No video on monitor. No startup, no bios, nothin! Im pretty sure the power is fine, fan is spinning,motherboard getting power, and disc drive is opening/closing. I have no clue what to do!?!?! I plugged it into two different monitors, both of which are perfectly fine. Changed the RAM, put in RAM from my working computer. I have no graphics card to use, so thats not an option. NONE of these worked!!!! I even bought a POST card to see what was wrong, and i've been getting 20 as an error code. I have no clue what to do now... PLEASE HELP!!!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bios, video

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!