Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

monitor "no signal"

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
14-Feb-2012, 05:59 PM #1
Unhappy monitor "no signal"
hello there,

i have just purchased a new computer (a novatech delta v3) http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/deltav3.html

the problem is when i have tried to connect these to the monitor, there is no signal detected.

i have used 2 different monitors and a tv using 2 separate vga cables .

i have tried the turn off/ turn on attempt to no prevail.

i was hoping there is somebody out there who can point me in the right direction as im not to clued up about computers.

cheers
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,893 posts.

14-Feb-2012, 08:04 PM #2
If you used 2 different monitors and cables then it sounds like the video card is defective or not seated in correctly. If you are comfortable enough I would suggest reseating the video card.

Having said that it depends if the computer has 2 video connections, it may be turn on for one of them. Check all video ports (inc. DVI or HMDI if applicable)

Since it's brand new, take it back to the store to confirm and if it is defective they can replace it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
connection, monitor, novatech, signal, vga display monitor

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!