Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

URGENT! TV to PC

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Feb-2012, 04:35 PM #1
Unhappy URGENT! TV to PC
I have a BUSH 22" LED22982FHD HD ready TV that I bought from Argos today, the HDMI I bought with it works perfectly when I use it with my xbox, but when I try to use it with my pc ( ACER ASPIRE R3600) IT comes up blurred and the edges are totally gone.Same thing happens with eh VGA cable, except sometimes it lets me see the whole screen but its still really really blurred. What can I do? I have tried recalibrating the resolution with no success?
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 45,255 posts.

20-Feb-2012, 06:49 PM #2
Hello AngelSoul09, and welcome to TSG.

I could not find any on-line specifications for your TV. You will need to check the owners manual specifications page for the TV to get the native resolution (number of pixels in the horizontal and vertical directions of the display. You will then need to see if your computer supports that exact resolution. If your computer's video controller does not have a setting to match it, you will have problems with blurred images, black bars at some edges, and/or portions of the picture cut off.
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

21-Feb-2012, 03:30 AM #3
Well the booklet says that the max resolution is 1920 x 1200 but my computer doesn't go that high. Right now though I have it connected to VGA and the picture shows the quality of my screen if you can tell that is, its okay to like work with for a little while but it gives me a headache as its blurred and annoying >.<

I cant change the resolution cause it makes the screen sides disappear so there isn't really anything I can do right? Heres the link to what the TV is - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...htext%3ETV.htm

Thanks
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs

21-Feb-2012, 01:55 PM #4
The TV in you link shows "Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels". If you can not set your computer's video controller to exactly match that resolution with either an HDMI or VGA connection, then you do not have a way to exactly fill the entire TV screen screen with sharp video images. Depending on what options the TV offers for handling lower resolution inputs, you may be able to view a sharp image with black borders or a blurry stretched video.

You should check the ACER support web site to make sure you have the latest video drivers for your computer. There is a small chance an updated driver may support the desired resolution. You could also see if reducing the color depth in the Windows display properties control panel can allow you to increase the resolution.

FWiW, your attached picture seems to be a 1024x768 pixel screen capture of the video feeding the monitor. You would need to use a digital camera to take a picture of the screen to show what you are actually seeing.
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

21-Feb-2012, 04:51 PM #5
Well here a picture from my iPod if that helps? But I cant upload it to photobucket or anywhere so its going to have to wait till I get my transfer/charger cable repair/replaced tomorrow.

And I have downloaded the latest driver but its from like 2009 and there isn't any others apparently. And I hve talked with a support person on the ACER website and honestly think I wasted my time, they copy and paste stuff I swear lol
Computer Specs

21-Feb-2012, 06:23 PM #6
No need up upload any picture. I have a pretty good idea of what upscaled video looks like on an LCD monitor.

Have you tried going into the Windows display properties control panel and selecting a lower pixel depth, such as going from 32 bit color to 24 bit color? That may allow you to set the higher 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

21-Feb-2012, 06:35 PM #7
It only allows me to 16-bit which actually improved it a great deal The blurryness has all but disappeared the only thing now is everything down on the start bar is way to bright lol D:
As in the font is too bright of a white that is lol
Computer Specs

21-Feb-2012, 06:39 PM #8
Does the TV have any kind of brightness control?
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

21-Feb-2012, 06:40 PM #9
Yup but wouldnt that effect the other channels aka my xbox on HDMI1? >.<
Computer Specs

21-Feb-2012, 06:57 PM #10
I have no idea if the TV picture presets can be set differently for each input or not.

Some, but not all video controllers, may support a user control panel application that may allow the user to adjust the brightness and contrast. You would need to see if your control panel supported such an advanced feature.
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

22-Feb-2012, 03:43 AM #11
I have adjusted the contrast, colour and brightness on the VGA channel and it looks okay, not perfect, but substantial untill i try it with a HDMI
Thanks for your help
Computer Specs

22-Feb-2012, 10:53 AM #12
You're welcome.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
urgent .... need help, urgent!

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!