Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: HP Officejet 6500 E709n won't print black

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 56 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Feb-2012, 10:36 PM #1
Solved: HP Officejet 6500 E709n won't print black
My HP Officejet 6500 E709n printer was working fine. It ran out of ink yesterday and I went and bought 2 new HP 920 XL (large size) cartridges, brought them home and they didn't work. The printer does not print black even with new cartridges. The colours all print. Did Clean Heads and Align Heads and all. Tried both. The colours print fine but black does not print.
Bought another cartridge today and it doesn't work either.
Could someone help? Thank you.
Member with 1 posts.

28-Feb-2012, 12:00 AM #2
It may be a software problem! I changed cartridges, cleaned, aligned, etc. and nothing happened. Then unplugged printer from my desk top and plugged it into my lap top. Black printed just fine. I uninstalled all HP printer software from my desk top computer, and downloaded new. Installed new software, plugged printer back into desk top computer, and it works fine.
Computer Specs
Member with 13 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Feb-2012, 10:05 AM #3
HP6500 will not print black
I have the same problem and it is caused by the print head. Cleaning process in the software does not do the job. Best cleaning method is to remove the print head and soak in hot water, flush thoroughly until water runs clean. Dry and retry. I keep two print heads and always have a spare available since this happens frequently. HP will not tell you this fix since they want to sell replacement parts, but the hot water methods works very well.
Computer Specs
Member with 56 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Feb-2012, 08:45 PM #4
HP 6500 E709n won't print black - now it works!!!
It works! I tried everything everyone else tried before coming to this forum. Seeing the suggestion to remove the printhead, washing and drying it I had nothing to loose.
Tried it last night, removing the printhead and rinsing it very thoroughly under running water, put the printhead on a heater vent from the furnace (blowing air but not too hot) for 24 hrs. and tried it today and it worked! Thanks for your help everyone!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!