Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

External DVD Writer connects and disconnects

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

28-Feb-2012, 03:43 AM #1
Exclamation External DVD Writer connects and disconnects
I have a Samsung TSSTcorp SE-S084C DVD Writer for a couple of years. My laptop always connect and disconnect the DVD writer. When i plug in with no DVD, the drive is OK, no disconnection. But when i put DVD, the problem arise. Sometime the drive can recognise the DVD, but when i click on it in My Computer, it disconnect again. What is really the problem.. I think the problem is from my laptop because my family's laptops all work well with this drive. One thing i realised, my laptop does not install ALL driver of the drive. I already compared my list of drivers with my mother's laptop driver list.

What is the problem actually..help me please..

Thanks.
Member with 2,536 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Feb-2012, 09:47 AM #2
It could be a USB problem - specifically not enough power available at the USB port. You can fix that by buying a Mains-powered USB Hub like this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Mains-P...0436706&sr=8-3

It has to be a mains powered hub. Buying a plain USB hub without a mains-adapter will not fix your problem.
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

28-Feb-2012, 05:18 PM #3
Re:
is this also related to driver you think? because i already compared the driver list, and i saw that my laptop has fewer drivers. I tried to copy the driver from other laptop, paste them into WINDOWS/system32/driver but still not work and the ' Driver Details' in device manager does not detect any changes i made.

I actually want to find a free solution first before i get my hand to my money.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
connect and disconnect, connects, disconnects, dvd, external

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!