Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Slow Freezing/ Locking PC

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Mar-2012, 12:22 PM #1
Slow Freezing/ Locking PC
Intel Core 2 Quad- Q8200 2.33 GHz
OCZ tech 500w Modxstream PSU
Asus P5KPL-CM Motherboard
- Intel LGA775 Platform
- FSB 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800
- Dual-Channel DDR2 1066(O.C*)/800/667
- PCI Express x16 (not 2.0)
G Skill DDR2 1066 PC2 (8500) 2x 2G 2.0v RAM

Asus C729MP Rev. 1.0
EN 9500 GT/D7/16D2/V2/A PCIe 2.0 x16

Windows Vista =[

*(O.C.) - Over Clocked

That's the specs of this machine. It locks up and takes a real long time loading stuff. I am pointing toward RAM because the ram needs to be overclocked to be used with this motherboard due to speed. Plus a graphics card wouldn't make it freeze it would just give a bad resolutions or fuzzy junk. Power Supply is possible too, but the calculations I made said the PC only really uses about 420 Watts of power? I mean that's close but the computer should handle it right? Built this myself for a friend and kinda screwed up what parts I got. Now I feel horrible so I wanna try and fix it for him as a gift when he get's home from the navy. Any ides guys?

NOTE: The case was pretty bad. It looks cool but several of the motherboard mounts stripped. Pretty sure I used spacers but not positive. Maybe the MB is grounding?? Not sure if it would even work if the was the case. Also the graphics are PCIe x16 2.0, but the motherboard is PCIe x16 (not 2.0.) Figured I would add that in for help.

Last edited by cooliomcpimp; 01-Mar-2012 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Motherboard / Case sidenote.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
freeze, slow, slugish, windows vista 64 bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!