Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: 750 photos accidentally put on desktop !

(!)

Member with 5 posts.

10-Mar-2012, 01:52 PM #1
Solved: 750 photos accidentally put on desktop !
How do I remove hundreds of photos accidentally put on my laptop's desktop ? I highlighted 750 photos from my camera's memory chip to click and drag to a folder on my desktop. I expected it to take a few minutes, so I went away and returned to see to my dismay I must have missed the drop point which was the folder, and instead saw the photos placed on my desktop.
I deleted photos that were visible. I could see on the right edge of the desktop parts of the label (photo number) of more photos. I could even put my cursor on that part of the label I could see and drag that photo back to make it fully visible on my desktop. But there are many hundred that are out of the field of view of my desktop. How do I make visible the hundreds of photos so I can delete them from my desktop ? Or is there another way to delete them ?
(I have properly repeated the original action of transferring photos from the camera to the folder on my desktop.)

A profile of my laptop computer is as follows:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3834 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305142 MB, Free - 252846 MB;
Motherboard: AMD Corp., Guam
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
Computer Specs
Member with 95 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Mar-2012, 02:07 PM #2
go to C:\Users\<your user name>\Desktop
everything on your desktop is in that folder so you can easily delete anything.
Member with 5 posts.

10-Mar-2012, 06:22 PM #3
Smile Thank you WJ.....You hit the EZ button for me
Under the category of "Get to know the basics of your computer," you directed me to a very basic solution for finding everything on the desktop including that which is not visible (out of the field of view).

The hundreds of photos were all there where you said they should be......lined up like little soldiers and easy to use the SHIFT key to inclusively highlight them all and delete.

Thank you for your speedy response WJ. I wish you the same should you need quick solutions !

........ Deucy
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
desktop, photos

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!