Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Printer trouble spread to my monitor

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Mar-2012, 08:00 AM #1
Question Printer trouble spread to my monitor
I have kind of a weird situation and can't seem to find any similar problems online, hoping someone here might be able to help me understand. Ok so this all started with a printer that wouldn't power on and I tried a few things including changing the power socket to the wall socket and different rooms. Didn't help and since it had no indicator light on the mod box I wanted to try my luck and hope it was just a fuse problem in the plug. I swapped out the fuse from my printer with one from my monitor and tried plugging it in again at a wall socket. The printer still won't power up and I figure it's not a fuse problem then. So I put the monitor fuse back into the monitor plug and power up my machine. The monitor won't turn on, or rather won't stay on, I get a little flash on the power light but it goes out within a second, the display itself stays black all throughout. I thought it might be a loose connection since it's a samsung syncmaster 2429hs and the power socket on the actual monitor is vertical and the weight of the cable usually makes it wiggle-y (fantastic design there). I tried unplugging and reconnecting 6 or 7 times, even waited 10 minutes before trying again and then 6 hours too. It doesn't seem like it's going to be fixed with just time and it doesn't look like a loose connection either. so yeah there's my situation, hopefully someone knows what might be going on, thanks in advance for any help
Computer Specs
Member with 4,226 posts.

Experience: Advanced
22-Mar-2012, 12:10 AM #2
Make sure the Monitor's power cable is pushed all the way in at the Monitor end.

If that doesn't help buy a new fuse and fit it into the Monitor's plug. Get the same fuse that was originally in there.
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Mar-2012, 01:27 PM #3
resolved in the dumbest possible way, turns out that I had inadvertently hit a soft power switch on the underside of the monitor so everything was fine all along, I feel like a jerk, sorry for wasting anyone's time and thanks for the help/consideration.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,226 posts.

Experience: Advanced
22-Mar-2012, 08:04 PM #4
No problem, I'm glad you found the problem and it didn't cost anything to fix.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
fuse, monitor, power, printer

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!