Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Custom build won't boot into Windows!

(!)

Member with 4 posts.

25-Mar-2012, 04:06 AM #1
Angry Solved: Custom build won't boot into Windows!
Hi
Recently (3 months ago) I built my computer. Couple of days ago, I decided to swap out my CPU cooler with a Corsair H70 water cooler and swap out some other fans. I had to take out a bunch of things and I wanted to do some cable management so I unplugged and replugged a few things. So after everything was fixed up and put back into place, I booted it up. It just went straight in the bios, after exiting it just went back. It does this every time. I checked and double checked all my HDD sata's and the hard drive is spinning I can feel it it. I have Windows 7 installed and this has worked in the past. Any tips or suggestions? Just ask for more info!
-mein2d

Specs:
Microsoft Windows 7
2 x Corsair Vengeance 4GB
AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Intel i5 2500k
Corsair HX650
Sapphire Radeon 6850
Corsair Obsidian 650D
Computer Specs
Moderator with 30,182 posts.

25-Mar-2012, 09:41 AM #2
Are your drives detected in the bios? Do you see the drives IDed during post?

Are you receiving any error msg?
Member with 4 posts.

25-Mar-2012, 12:59 PM #3
I'm not sure how where I could see if they are. No error messages, it just goes straight into bios with nothing else.
Computer Specs

25-Mar-2012, 01:05 PM #4
First of all read your mb manual. It has detailed instructions on bios options/menus and where you would find any given data. If the drives are not detected in the bios, then either they are damaged or incorrectly connected.
Quote:
it just goes straight into bios with nothing else
This part somewhat makes me think you have a stuck key on your keyboard or perhaps the keyboard is not connected correctly. In any case, I would disconnect the keyboard and pw ON. See if it still enters the bios by itself.
Member with 4 posts.

25-Mar-2012, 01:28 PM #5
Okay, I just checked if the sata drives were filled and they weren't so I went in and put them in the correct positions. Tried booting again and this time it started into windows but asked to go into start up repair, so I did this and but still every time I reboot it flashes this blue screen really fast, too fast to see, then it loads windows and asks to continue or do start up repair. I've done both but it just repeats when I restart.
Computer Specs

25-Mar-2012, 01:59 PM #6
Sounds like some files were damaged. First of all, I would pull the drive and connect it to a working system. Backup anything important ie docs, mp3s, etc. Now reinstall the drive and enter the bios. Make sure the sata mode is set to whatever it was when you built the system ie ahci mode, native ide, etc.

You may need to do a clean install; that is why I stress the backup.
Member with 4 posts.

25-Mar-2012, 02:14 PM #7
I just went into the bios and made sure it was in AHCI and it wasn't so I switched it to that and it worked! Thank you!
Computer Specs

25-Mar-2012, 04:55 PM #8
You are welcome.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bios, boot, windows

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!