Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Headphones/ Sound problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Apr-2012, 01:09 AM #1
Headphones/ Sound problem
I'm running on Windows 7, and have Realtek Audio (with the most recent HD drivers), and GIGABYTE motherboard model Z68A-D3H-B3

So I move my computer around a lot, and last night I moved my computer from my friend's house back to mine, and plugged everything in and turned it on. My headphones weren't working, so I unplugged them, plugged them back in, restarted my computer twice, and nothing worked. I've tried my headphones on other devices, so it's not my headphones. My front headphone jack has been broken for a while due to it bending forward to far, but my back one (motherboard) doesn't protrude, and hasn't been touched since I unplugged it at my friends house. I've taken a look at it, but I would have no idea whether or not it's broken (it shouldn't be, i never touched it.)

On the software side, I reinstalled all of the Realtek Audio drivers, and have the HD audio codec installed as well. I think the jack works, because when I go to the Realtek HD Audio Manager, then go to "Device advanced settings", and then have the "Make front and rear output devices playback two different..." bullet marked, i can suddenly hear through my headphones, but I can only hear what is going through my mic that i have plugged in at the same time (and it's really fuzzy and unpleasant)... So I don't know what's going on.

Basically, I don't want to have to drop money for a sound card just yet. If you need any specs or anything, I can give them to you, even pictures of the jack/mobo if that would help, I don't know. Thanks for reading my novel of a post. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: If this is the wrong place to post this, please direct me there.

Last edited by Roscodingo; 08-Apr-2012 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: See Edit
Member with 11 posts.

08-Apr-2012, 04:03 AM #2
Check all the volumes, there are many sliders. Realtek HD Audio itself has a couple of them.
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

08-Apr-2012, 07:36 AM #3
Tried, but all of the volume sliders are up.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
audio jack, headphones, realtek, sound

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!