Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My display colors are all wrong.

(!)

Lori 9688
Guest with n/a posts.

20-Nov-2002, 12:31 PM #1
My display colors are all wrong.
well last night my 17 inch monitor bit the dust, sparks and all, so now I am having to use my 14 inch monitor, and I can't figure out how to get my display, to change over to true color etc. does any
one have any help with this one? I sure would appreciate any help I can get asap. Thanks

Oh '' and the error message I get when I start should have been put with the display error.
Moderator with 69,377 posts.

20-Nov-2002, 12:37 PM #2
Lori 9688,
Welcome to TSG!!

Sorry to hear about your monitor! You need to change the drivers from the 17" to the 14". If you need help finding the correct drivers post the mfg of your 14" and we will assist.
Lori 9688
Guest with n/a posts.

20-Nov-2002, 05:54 PM #3
How to I change the monitor from 17 to 14 inches? and the Model is Leo 14cx SA8405100 Aries Tech Inc.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,531 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Nov-2002, 05:56 PM #4
Your computer probably already did that when you restarted, that is, changed the drivers. To access display properties, go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Then double-click on Display. From there, click the last tab, settings, to change color, resolution, etc.
Retired Administrator with 103,708 posts.

20-Nov-2002, 05:59 PM #5
Lori, did this monitor ever give you correct colors on this computer? Some older monitors simply aren't going to perform to the newer expectations.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,531 posts.

20-Nov-2002, 06:02 PM #6
If the colors are messed up, perhaps just changing the color temperature settings on the monitor itself will help.
Lori 9688
Guest with n/a posts.

20-Nov-2002, 06:08 PM #7
Yes It was workng great before hooked it up to this PC.
Retired Administrator with 103,708 posts.

20-Nov-2002, 06:10 PM #8
My point EXACTLY........It NEVER worked on this computer.

What are your choices of color when you right click on the desktop and choose properties, then settings.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!