Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Lenovo wont turn on after LCD change/system restore

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 13 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Apr-2012, 06:06 PM #1
Red face Lenovo wont turn on after LCD change/system restore
Firstly thank you so much for this site.

I have a Lenovo U450 14´´ Ideapad. It has Intel Pentium and Windows 7 Operating System.

The laptop was smashed accidentally two months ago and the screen cracked. However, the laptop itself seemed fine as I was able to connect it to an external monitor. The other day my replacement screen arrived and I asked a friend to replace it. However before I gave them the laptop, I did a system restore to a previous month, for my own personal use. The system restore worked fine and I was able to switch the laptop back on.

My friend replaced the screen however on returning it to me, they informed me the laptop would not switch on – when I go to switch it on, it seems to start to boot but it doesnt complete the boot – there are some lights on (there are four little lights at the bottom left hand side and the first two - starting from the left side – are on), I can hear a slight whirling noise and the machine gets warm, however it doesn´t go to full boot up because the Windows switch on music doesn´t play, which is what I would expect even if the LCD screen wasn´t working.

A further issue is that I am currently in Brazil and it is possible that they used a different voltage to charge it (my laptop was bought in the UK). They said they did not do that and they would have no reason to because it was merely a change of the screen, however I cannot be sure. They asked me for the charger but we charged it and the battery is not dead. When I connect the laptop to the external monitor it says ´Test good´.

So from my non-tech eyes, it could be the original damage? The LCD change? The system restore? The battery? Or perhaps something completely different... I would really appreciate your thoughts on how to fix this.

Thank you for your time.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
boot, lcd screen, lenovo, system restore, u450

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!