Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Demonic noises accompanied by lag

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Beginner
11-May-2012, 11:03 PM #1
Unhappy Solved: Demonic noises accompanied by lag
This was seen in a previous computer which was not usable anymore due to unknown reasons and also extreme lag.

I've had this laptop for about a month now and I have used 59.8 GB (I downloaded a few large games and art programs) I scanned my computer every day with McAfee and never found anything wrong.
This happens more frequently when I switch around with programs quickly. If there is audio playing, it turns garbled. This is accompanied with a visual lag for a few moments and doesn't effect anything else as far as I know. Also happened a few times when I had no programs open except for Windows Media Player. (It's a very demonic noise that turns the most cheerful music dark. It started for the first time while I was watching a video that had to do with the anti-Christ)
I want to find the source of this problem and fix it before my new laptop ends up like the old one, please and thank you so much for your time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6087 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1276 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 431937 MB, Free - 370683 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 25477 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, Base Board Product Name
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

15-May-2012, 08:30 PM #2
bump
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

18-May-2012, 07:58 PM #3
bump
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

18-May-2012, 08:02 PM #4
I'll add something that I recently found: The lag is always there. Even when there is no audio or video, there's the occasional lag with mouse and programs. It also happens when playing video games. I called Lenovo tech support, and they told me to update the graphics drivers. So we did, and it went for a day and then came back. It is getting very irritating.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

19-May-2012, 09:33 AM #5
It's a brand new high-powered laptop. There should be no lag with web surfing and video watching. Contact Lenovo or wherever you bought it and get it replaced under warranty.
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

20-May-2012, 10:09 AM #6
ok. it's been significantly slower ever since I received it and the tech support man said that if the driver update didn't fix it, it's a hardware defect. The only possible thing I can do is send it in to get it replaced. You finalized my decision XD I have no problem with this, as long as it comes back before I leave for the summer.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
lag, lenovo, sound

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!