Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: seagate goflex external hdd not recognized

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-May-2012, 08:59 AM #1
Unhappy Solved: seagate goflex external hdd not recognized
(I have a windows 7 x64) I'm trying to boot from a usb and I followed an online video to make my goflex booteable. I basically fudged up but i managed to format it back to the original NTFS format with absolutely no files on it. When I go to Windows->Computer the drive isnt there! I went to Computer->(right click) manage and went to the disk management section and the drive is there! but i can't add any files to it from there . any help? Also, when i plug in the drive, i hear the usual sound when i plug any usb in, then i can choose to safely eject my seagate goflex! but i can't open the drive to put files in it!
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-May-2012, 09:03 AM #2
nevermind! I just had to add a drive letter to be able to access it! for anyone interested, computer(right click) manage ->disk management. click on the disk (then right click) add drive letter
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cannot read disk, external hard drive, seagate, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!