Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

display wont turn on after adding various hardware

(!)

Member with 74 posts.

02-Jun-2012, 10:34 PM #1
display wont turn on after adding various hardware
So i got this a bit older 1.70ghz computer and i want to set it up for backup computer to use internet, so I put 2 HDD's in one master+slave and also 2 cdroms, dvd burner and normal one. thing is before i added any of that I could turn the display on just normally and it would show green light and turn on after a few sec that computer booted (i used pci card) then after adding hdd, cdroms and ram's it just wont turn on, i tried my other graphic cards and still no luck...and onboard display socket shows me 'out of range' message if I plug display there, even after I remove the pci graphic card, so anyone please help? is it possible that adding any of the above hardware caused the display not turning on problem? and if i cant fix it, how can i get the 'out of range' text away and make onboard graphic work?

btw, I tried other monitor and still same, so I know its not display issue. Also i tried moving the pci graphic card to other slots, still same.... any suggestions?
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,697 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Jun-2012, 11:46 PM #2
Sounds like you power supply might not handle what you have added. Have you taken or disconnected all you added and see if it still boots? Also, it would help if we knew what we are dealing with here. Please list what type computer and what is in it....ram/power supply and wattage/ motherboard/ any and all model numbers/ make of computer, and anything else you can think of.
Member with 74 posts.

03-Jun-2012, 12:11 AM #3
hey!yes, i have everything on extension sockets plugged into one main socket, maybe thats the problem? ill try to plug monitor to separate socket later today and then i report how it went and all the details, thanks a lot
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
display, graphics, monitor, no picture

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!