Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Printer problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 30 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Jun-2012, 01:37 PM #1
Printer problem
Printer is a Brother MFC 7440N connected as network printer. PC is a Dell Optiplex running Win 7. We run most of our applications thru a "cloud" and it prints fine. The printer is setup as a network printer, but when I try to view it via Printers & Devices, it takes forever to try to list and nothing shows. Originally, I could see it when I logged into PC (I'm a Domain Administrator, but the user (Domain User) could not. Both of us are Administrators on the PC. I tried to change both of us to a different Administrator category (Win 7 shows 2) but the change didn't take and now I can't print or see the Devices and Printers.

When we try to print a Word 2003 document, nothing happens. Notepad prints.

I have deleted and reinstalled the printer from scratch twice. I have reinstalled MS Office twice. The first time it worked for a while but then stopped printing. The second install didn't solve anything.

I'm not sure if it's a Win7 prob, Word prob or what.
If you need additional info, please ask. I'm very confused on this one.

Thanks for your help.

Wes
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
network printers, windows 7, word 2003

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!