Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Asus G73jh Issues

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

05-Jun-2012, 12:51 AM #1
Asus G73jh Issues
So, I got my laptop 2 years ago. It has ALWAYS had issues either with gray SOD's, black SOD's, blue SOD's, other forms of crashing, graphics, driver updates, Catalyst Control Center, etc.

I just recently started up a game of Starcraft II, bumped the settings to medium (obviously, a system of this caliber should be able to run the game on AT LEAST high with a good FPS), then it crashed with a black SOD) in the first couple minutes (when it wasn't demanding at all).

My friend and I took a look inside the system and cleaned out the fans, only to note that they're running fine. He then did some research and told me that I would need thermal paste or something to help cool the GPU because I have faulty thermal padding or something. I'm not 100% sure on that...it's just approximately what he noted.

As of now I have CCC installed, all the most updated drivers, the most recent BIOS update, etc.
In-game I believe the GPU is running temps in the high 70's/low 80's, and is high 50's idling.

I'm no computer wiz, I just know some of this stuff cause my friend laid it out for me recently, so sorry if my explanations are a bit sub-par

If you need any more info, please don't hesitate to ask! Thanks!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
asus, heat, pad, paste, thermal

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!