Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Building a new PC, will this work?

(!)

Member with 50 posts.

14-Jun-2012, 07:58 AM #1
Building a new PC, will this work?
I'm trying to build a PC that will look decent even after a few years from now,
Do you think this build will fit.
I'm in the Philippines and parts are VERY limited.

Proc: i5 2320 2.9GHz
GPU: Sparkle GTX 560
HDD: Seagate 1TB SATA
Memory: KIngston 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 Z77 Ivy Bridge CPU
CD/DVD: Liteon ETAU108 8x External DVDRW
Casing: Antec 300
AVR: Thermalite Litepower 700W

Do you think these things will mix?(like compatibility and stuff)
thanks in advance
Computer Specs
Moderator with 30,674 posts.

14-Jun-2012, 09:26 AM #2
Just a few thoughts;
1 I am not a fan of msi motherboards however the board you selected does support the cpu you selected so that should work ok. If you can go with either a gigabyte or asus board, that would be a better choice.
2 When I check the specs on the pw supply you posted, the mfg does not even list outputs on each rail. I am always highly suspect when a mfg will not post specs like that. In addition it shows only a 230V input so be sure you have the correct house voltage ie 230V and not 115V. If you can purchase either a corsair or seasonic pw supply, that would be a better choice.
3 Hard drive. Go with a WD black or RE series drive. They are better built than seagates AND they come with a 5yr warranty instead of the shorter seagate warranty.
Member with 50 posts.

14-Jun-2012, 10:42 PM #3
Thank you!
I originally planned on getting a Gigabyte Motherboard since it was quite a common one when I looked online. Also, Asus was quite common as well. What Motherboard would you suggest? somewhere near 70-120 $

I'm a caveman when it comes to these AVR PSU stuff. I have an a voltage regulator where I plug my pc, then the voltage regulator is plugged to the socket at my house. I only know of 110V and 220V, I was not aware of 115,230. As I said it supplies here are liumited, and the only ones are APC,Acbel,Orion,Huntkey and Thermaltake. Sorry it was note Thermalite but Thermaltake in the original post.

There are no WD blacks here, only WD ones. Closest I see is WD 1TB Sata, which is around 2 dollars cheaper.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 30,674 posts.

15-Jun-2012, 08:59 AM #4
Supply voltage is generally quoted as 110~120V and 220~240V so anywhere in there is ok ie you will see it as 115V or 230V and that is fine.

Here is a link to a basic no frills asus board that supports the cpu you have selected.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131837

Something like that board would work fine and [IMO] would be a better choice than msi.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dream pc, gpu, hard drive, hardware, hdd

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!