Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

A weird performance issue.

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Jun-2012, 06:31 AM #1
Question A weird performance issue.
I experience some kind of strange issue with my laptop performance. It is Toshiba L505 with onboard Graphic chipset from Intel. When I connect a second monitor the laptops' performance is going down, although the usage of CPU and RAM stays on it's normal level. After rebooting the computer everything starts to work perfectly. Now each time I turn on the computer, I have to restart it again to ba able to work. The monitor works well on any other computer. I would say the problem is related to the hardwere of my laptop, but if it works after restart, than it should be able to work without restart - than there must be the way to fix the issue.

I have installed different drivers (the latest and some of the earliest) for my chipset from Intel site. There is no changes. Changing the resolution of the second monitor also didn't help. The only way to make it work fine is to reboot the system (Win 7) each time after turning on the computer. You must accept it is kind of weird problem .. o.O

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Member with 2,536 posts.

18-Jun-2012, 07:19 AM #2
You're not using "Hibernate" are you, instead of shutting down normally when you've finished using it for the day?
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

18-Jun-2012, 07:49 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip22 View Post
You're not using "Hibernate" are you, instead of shutting down normally when you've finished using it for the day?
To tell the truth I haven't tried to hibernate, but after "sleep" and "wake up" the problem appears at once. I need to reboot the system again after it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dual, issue, monitor, performance, restart

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!