Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My computer I am building is not posting can someone please help

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 04:23 PM #1
Exclamation My computer I am building is not posting can someone please help
I am building a gaming computer for a girl that wanted one, and this is what i have in it.

ASRock N68C-GS FX AM3+ NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K2/2G

COOLMAX ZX Series ZX-500 500W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Radeon HD 6870 1gb HDMI Onboard Graphics Card

*****The fans on the Heatsink, Video Card, and the power supply are all turning on. I can hear the hard drive make a loading noise too, but i am not getting any usb, or no post on the monitor. I tried HDMI and DVI dual link. The motherboard before i installed this one yesterday, i took it in and the computer tech said the usb was bad, and that the mobo prob wasn't wanting to recognize the BE Phenom II with the Ram I have. I just want to get this thing up and running i have had it for a month and a half now, the lady would like her computer back and i am running into a wall here.
Could anyone help
Thanks
Brandon

I secured and plugged everything in, and the computer
Computer Specs
Member with 4,318 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Jun-2012, 08:18 PM #2
Have you tried it with the Graphics card removed and the Monitor connected to the on-board Graphics ?

I can't find that Cpu on the supported Cpu list for that mobo but I'm not sure if that is the problem.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 31,332 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 08:26 PM #3
Have you read and followed the guide for problem builds at the top of the hardware forum? If you follow all steps of the guide, then you will find the cause of your problem.

Next that appears to be a very low end mb and does not list support for the cpu you installed. It does list support for a 125W bulldozer however not for the cpu you installed. It may or may not work with the parts you selected.

IMO if you want a gaming computer, then you do NOT want a low end mb like the one you installed. Something like this gigabyte board would be a much better choice.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3901#ov
Moderator with 31,332 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 08:36 PM #4
Next thing I see is that you have a 500W coolmax pw supply. The video card you selected needs a min of 500W however the 965 is a pretty pw hungry cpu AND coolmax is not noted as being a quality mfg of pw supplies. They do make some decent ones however they also make some very low end ones as well.

Your board supports both ddr2 and ddr3 memory. Are you sure you have installed the memory into the correct slots?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
amd, building, games, gaming computer

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!