Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows XP Password + HD

(!)

Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Jul-2012, 07:23 AM #1
Smile Windows XP Password + HD
My friend's kids changed the login password on their Windows XP and he can't get in now...the kids don't remember the password they used...he came into town today with just the hard drive so I could save his pics, etc. I have his HD hooked up to my pc with a USB to IDE/SATA/ATA kit and I saved all his pics, etc. He wants to know if there is a way for me to go into the HD and delete the password so when he goes home, he can plug the HD back into his machine and be able to get back into Windows XP...I'm running Windows 7 (x64) and can see his HD in My Computer...is there a way to do this? BTW, thank you for any help!!
peace,
ian
Computer Specs
Moderator with 30,897 posts.

07-Jul-2012, 09:51 AM #2
Please refer to the rules when posting. Specifically this part;
Quote:
Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
This thread is closed.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
hard drive, password help

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!