Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Black Strip Under HDD

(!)

Member with 9 posts.

17-Jul-2012, 03:12 AM #1
Black Strip Under HDD
Hey my acer laptop hasnt been working, and keep gettin blue screen on launch (after dropping it)

I took the laptop apart and took the hard drive out to check if it was possibly not connected properly, and i noticed underneith the HDD is a black plastic strip with small metal wires at the end (some sort of cable) and i got no idea what its supposed to be plugged in to, anyone know?
Computer Specs
Member with 427 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Jul-2012, 03:32 AM #2
A helpful picture if possible & something more than just 'Acer Laptop' would also be helpful. What is the exact model of that laptop?? You'll stand a better chance of someone perhaps being able to help.
Member with 9 posts.

17-Jul-2012, 03:38 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by C141 View Post
A helpful picture if possible & something more than just 'Acer Laptop' would also be helpful. What is the exact model of that laptop?? You'll stand a better chance of someone perhaps being able to help.

Acer aspire 4741G series

model: MS2306

Dont have a camera at hand, but i can try describe it.

I unplug the harddrive and remove it from the laptop. Underneath where the hard drive was is a black strip that runs through. I pulled it out gently to find it isn't attached to anything. The plastic is as thin as paper and has small wires attached to the end, so im guessing its a plug of some sort. I can still boot into safemode, but other than that i just get blue screened.
Member with 9 posts.

17-Jul-2012, 10:10 AM #4
bump
Computer Specs
Member with 4,106 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Jul-2012, 07:59 PM #5
This is a service manual for your laptop, see if you can find the 'black strip' in it and tell us what page it's on, probably be around page 34 onwards.

http://203.150.225.245/UpAndDownLoad...ire%204741.pdf

EDIT : could the black strip be the other side of the connector shown on P. 54 ?

Last edited by managed; 17-Jul-2012 at 08:06 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!