Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Whole System Lag with a high spec PC????!

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

17-Jul-2012, 06:44 PM #1
Whole System Lag with a high spec PC????!
Hey Guys im new to this site so i will try and keep it Short as i Have no clue about anything to do with tech!
Basically, when i am Playing music for example, i get a horrible bit of system lag which affects anything open for around 4 seconds then it goes back to normal

Another thing is i play minecraft and: Being its nature of Low graphic's my
Alienware m15x with an I7 processor which cost me an arm and a leg with A Nvidia Gforce game card should surely play with no lag or interference. But no! i have to put up with low graphics and short rendering which still produces lag.
Another game i play is World of warcraft which when i first bought my laptop would run on Ultra Everything,
Now it is only playable decently on good settings, i cant blame this on My wifi because i have BT infinity which is the fastest wifi at the moment!

Any Help would be REALLY appreciated!:L try and keep it simple as i am a complete Noob with all the tech "In's and Out's"

Thank you!
Jack
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,703 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Jul-2012, 10:58 PM #2
Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
Member with 2 posts.

18-Jul-2012, 05:28 AM #3
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 4084 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M, 1535 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461899 MB, Free - 223295 MB;
Motherboard: Alienware,
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

There ya Go!!
Computer Specs
Member with 292 posts.

Experience: Advanced Beginner
20-Jul-2012, 07:22 AM #4
Sounds like you don't spring clean your pc often. Is your entire OS slowing everywhere instead of just games? When did you buy your laptop?

I would suggest you spring clean your pc. Clear out junk files with ccleaner, clean and defrag your registry (highly dubious advice, I know. But it works for me ) and defrag your Hard Drive. Then, I would suggest you get rid of McAcrap Antivirus. Every version I tried (including the latest one) sucks. Get a free one like Avast Antivirus.

Try those and let us know how it goes
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Jul-2012, 09:10 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCjon View Post
Sounds like you don't spring clean your pc often. Is your entire OS slowing everywhere instead of just games? When did you buy your laptop?

I would suggest you spring clean your pc. Clear out junk files with ccleaner, clean and defrag your registry (highly dubious advice, I know. But it works for me ) and defrag your Hard Drive. Then, I would suggest you get rid of McAcrap Antivirus. Every version I tried (including the latest one) sucks. Get a free one like Avast Antivirus.

Try those and let us know how it goes
Basically good advice except we don't recommend using registry cleaners on this site.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
problem, system lag

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!