Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Graphics card upgrade, mind helping?

(!)

Member with 26 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 07:51 PM #1
Graphics card upgrade, mind helping?
Alright, so I've been here before, and you guys seem to know what you're doing quite well, so I've decided to come for more support.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card within the near future I hope, I need something that can run games on high with no problems, or I'm hoping for that.
At the moment I have a Zotac GTX 430 by NVIDIA, it does the job, on medium settings, and some minor adjusting to other settings, but I'd like to be able to run games on high no problem, my budget is about $200-250.

P.S.
Probably going to need a new PSU as well, so if you'd like to suggest one of those which are a reasonable price, that would be great.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, I'm unsure as to what to look for seeing as I have no idea if my CPU would bottleneck a giant card or not.

I'm going to list my some info in case you need it.

Windows 7 64bit
8GB RAM
Zotac GTX 430
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @3.10GHz
Screen resolution is 1600 x 1050
Power Supply - Unsure, opened up the case, looked at the sticker and couldn't find anything about the wattage.

Last edited by UltimateZebra; 29-Jul-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Jul-2012, 08:06 PM #2
In that price range you are looking at a GEForce 560ti, Radeon 6850 or 7850. You need to make sure that you have a power supply able to handle them and a case large enough to hold them. Minimum PSU would be around 550w I would recommend going with a little larger "quality" PSU like Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling.
This is a good site to make a general comparison of GPU's http://www.hwcompare.com/12054/gefor...adeon-hd-7850/ just select what cards you want to compare.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 42,963 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jul-2012, 12:27 PM #3
Is there a brand or model number on the PSU? Most power supplies also have a chart that lists the voltages and amperage for each of them, you can post that too if you can't find the model number - a picture makes this easier. Is this a brand name system or a custom system?

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!