Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Need a suggestion about HDD.

(!)

Member with 4 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 12:59 PM #1
Question Need a suggestion about HDD.
Hey guys, how important is HDD quality and speed for recording game play videos?
My rig: AMD8150 3.6ghz
GTX 560Ti 2gb
4gb of ram
My hard drive is 297GBs pretty old came with my old computer, if i upgrade it will i get a better FPS? Also whats a good HDD for recording gameplay and will the FPS be even better if i have 2 HDDs? Tnx.
Member with 3,844 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jul-2012, 10:27 PM #2
It's not that simple. Playing a game is dependent upon multiple factors (as you likely already know), especially hardware speed (ie: motherboard chipset, CPU, RAM, GPU, HDD). Recording will place an additional load on the subsystem (ie: motherboard chipset, CPU, RAM, HDD). If said game is stressing any part of the PC, you will likely have issues recording as additional load is placed on the hardware.

With that said, for best results you would want a 2nd HDD. OS/game running from the primary, and a 2nd drive for recording. Any brand name 7200 rpm drive will suffice.

But as noted, performance will vary based on your hardware specs and recording options.
Computer Specs
Member with 210 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Aug-2012, 02:02 AM #3
Another thing to note would be that if you were looking for better speed and performance, as long as not bottle necked by any other hardware, a Solid state drive would help out significantly, especially with writing data, and if the game is stored on it it could speed it up too.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!