Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Graphic card or Lcd display

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 08:42 PM #1
Graphic card or Lcd display
I am trying to help a friend with his laptop, I thank one of his kid might have waste water on the laptop. I am having a problem with a light green tint. For instance, the box I am typing this message is in the green color, I also have the same problem offline for instance when I typed in word, the typing area is green. I booted the laptop with a livecd and I have the same problem with the tint. I am trying figure out if it is the lcd or the video card, when i connect a tv to the vga port the color is correct on the tv. It is a Sony Vaio model number pcg 61611L.

Thank You

Last edited by green80888; 03-Aug-2012 at 11:34 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Aug-2012, 08:06 AM #2
If the color is OK on an external monitor or TV it is not the video card. Unless you're expereinced with repairing laptops it either needs to go to a shop or if under warranty back to Sony.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!