Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Blue translucent bar on monitor.

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 29 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Aug-2012, 03:41 PM #1
Blue translucent bar on monitor.
HI,

After transporting my Samsung SyncMaster monitor when moving house, (Had it secured in a suitcase but the TSA messed with it) the monitor now has a blue translucent bar about two inches wide down the right side.

It is still usable, and the bar is there regardless of what computer I have it plugged into.

Does anyone know if this is an easy problem to fix?

Thanks.
Computer Specs
Member with 121 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 05:27 AM #2
Well, since we know that it is a problem with your monitor, you really only have three options. 1) Try to fix it yourself (I don't really recommend this unless you have repaired monitors before or you feel extremely confident that you can do it, as by doing so you could catastrophically damage something else inside such as the screen) by somehow getting a hold of the internal parts, the A.D. board and power inverter board (based off of my knowledge that comes from the manufacturer of the billabs monitors and manufacturer of pacific monitors.) and try first the A.D. board. 2) Send it in for repair. 3) Buy a new monitor. Sorry for being so long-winded for option 1.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,088 posts.

Experience: Advanced
06-Aug-2012, 06:38 AM #3
so your saying that the screen worked fine before moving, then while moving house Transportation Security Administration messed with your stuff and have broken it? As spectreshadow has said, the screen is broken! the options are as stated above but i would put in a BIG complaint to the TSA!
Computer Specs
Member with 29 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 08:43 AM #4
It was a while ago and I am not in the states at present so I didn't put in a complaint.

I was hoping someone would recognize the problem as one that was easy to fix, but if its not going to be easy to fix myself I will probably just leave it. The monitor is usable and I barely even see the blue bar anymore because I am so used to it and its a second monitor so I use the other one for movies and games.

Thanks anyway for the replies guys.
Computer Specs
Member with 121 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 02:35 PM #5
No problem MrW0lf. Sorry that there wasn't any better news on it. But that stuff happens.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,088 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Aug-2012, 04:01 AM #6
tsa sux
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!