Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My Comp Keeps Crashing!!! Right when it starts up!!!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
04-Aug-2012, 10:11 PM #1
Question My Comp Keeps Crashing!!! Right when it starts up!!!
Please help, my computer crashes randomly, when i say freezing, i mean the screen turns blue and it makes the computer restart, where i have the option of starting windows normally or in safe mode or save mode with networking. I chose safe mode with networking and things have been working ok like this, Its not when i open any specific program, it can happen as soon as my computer starts up or after my comp been working for a while. Also, since this started happening, my internet expolorer doesnt work anymore, it will usually say that internet exploror has stopped working and windows is checking for a solution,which it never finds, and it shuts it down. i have to use google chrome to get on the internet. I dont know anything about computers, i tried to restore it to an earlier date but it wont let me do that and everytime i turn on my computer the normal way (im in safe mode now) an error sign from norton comes up saying 5013,3 is wrong with it and how to fix it, but that didnt work either. Someone please help me, i have no idea how to fix this and this seems like a good website filled with people who know what they are doing. Oh, so everyone knows, i am computer illiterate. Thank you sooo much!!! Amandabanana

Last edited by amandabanana; 04-Aug-2012 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: adding more info
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,493 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Aug-2012, 10:15 PM #2
What do you mean by "crashing?"

Freezing? As in, the screen locks up?

Do you get a BSOD? Do you have to manually power the machine down?

---------------------------------------------------------

How are things in Safe Mode With Networking? Any problems with the internet or "crashing" there?

And what doesn't work about Internet Explorer? What error messages are you getting, if any?
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

04-Aug-2012, 10:44 PM #3
when i say freezing, i mean the screen turns blue and it makes the computer restart, where i have the option of starting windows normally or in safe mode or save mode with networking. I chose safe mode with networking and things have been working ok like this, i went on internet exploror really quickly when you wrote back and the error message didnt come up. In the regular mode, it will usually say that internet exploror has stopped working and windows is checking for a solution,which it never finds, and it shuts it down.
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,493 posts.

04-Aug-2012, 10:54 PM #4
Quote:
when i say freezing, i mean the screen turns blue
Does this blue screen have text on it? Or does it go by so quickly you wouldn't be able to see it if it was there?

---------------------------------

Also, try setting your computer back to a point before the problem occurred using System Restore points.
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

04-Aug-2012, 11:15 PM #5
The screen goes by so quickly that i cant read it. I have tried to restore to a previous point and it didnt work, it said it was possibly bc i had an anti virus running so i shut off all anti virus' and did it again and it still didnt work, i dont think it said anything else besides the anti virus. Im at a loss, i wish i knew more about computers..
Computer Specs
Member with 9,493 posts.

04-Aug-2012, 11:51 PM #6
We Need to Diagnose Your BlueScreen
  1. When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe Mode
  2. Select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:
  3. When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
Please post me the error(s).
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

05-Aug-2012, 07:02 AM #7
Ok, the first box said "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

The second box said " *** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000070000000DC, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001,0xFFFFF80003108405

I didnt know how to copy the page so i took a pic of it, although i wrote down the things you wanted me to, i just wanted to take a pic just in case.

Thank you sooo much for helping me and sorry about last night, i ended up falling asleep. I hope to hear from you soon.
Computer Specs
Member with 9,493 posts.

05-Aug-2012, 07:57 AM #8
What operating system is the computer running on?

And I had to go to sleep last night too, no worries.
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

05-Aug-2012, 08:20 AM #9
Its windows 7 home premium. Intel celeron. I hope thats the info you need bc i dont even know what system im running on. I dont want you to go out of your way for me so if this is becoming too much of a hassel, i will understand...
Computer Specs
Member with 9,493 posts.

05-Aug-2012, 12:44 PM #10
Do you have your Windows 7 disk?

If so, try performing a Startup Repair.

And it's not too much of a hassle, this is what TSG is here for.
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 06:26 AM #11
I dont have the windows disc, my comp came with it already on it. This is terrible. If you dont know what else to do, thank you for trying to help anyway. If you have any other ideas, of course im here to listen. Hope to hear back from you....
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 10:08 AM #12
amandabanana - try hitting F8 continually while booting. That should bring you to a screen that will give you the option to boot into safe mode or do a repair. I'm sure TheShooter93 will respond when he gets back online.

Last edited by Cookiegal; 06-Aug-2012 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: First line no longer needed as user started a new thread
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!