Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Mb failure? Any fix?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-Aug-2012, 01:09 PM #16
Quote:
My desktop has 4 fans, 2 on sides one on bottom under hard drives and the cpu fan, yet my computer overheats. Just running desktop its around 48c and it turns off on games like empire total war if its a big battle. I use fresh coolant on the processor whenever i clean the computer out (every 6 months ish as its dusty here with all fields) do you think the processors is on its way out? Its fine if i have a desk fan pointing onto it, it doesnt shut off but wanted to be forewarned before another big expenditure
You say fresh coolant I assume you mean thermal compound. Shouldn't need that every six months. But, did thoroughly clean the old paste off the CPU and the heatsink before adding new. Have you checked to make sure the CPU fan is running the way it should?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!