Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Driver Install/Update Issues, Network settings ????

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Aug-2012, 03:46 PM #1
Driver Install/Update Issues, Network settings ????
Computer : HP Pavilion Entertainment PC-HP Pavilion dv9000 Laptop w/ Windows 7 Home Premium
Issue : 1) Under Device manager- Other Devices, (2) Base System Device- the drivers for for this device are not installed (Code 28). When I click Update Driver-Windows was unable to install Base System Device(s), Windows could not find driver software.
2) Under Device manager- Other Devices, Coprocessor- the drivers for for this device are not installed. When I click Update Driver- r-Windows was unable to install Coprocessor, Windows could not find driver software.
3) Under Device manager- Other Devices, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller- This device cannot start. (Code 10) No update option is given.
4) When trying to connect to the internet for HP support, The settings on the Computer do not match the requirements of the Network- Open Network and Sharing Center- all Troubleshooting, Set up New Network and Connect to Network results in "Check Network Settings- Network Adapters- Diagnose Network Settings, results in message of " make sure Computer is in range, which I am sitting right next to the router- I do troubleshoot thru network adapters and end with the message of Update Driver, use windows Update.

When I use the Windows update, Windows encounters unknown error and the updates are not installed.

I can not find or obtain the Manufacturer Software Disc and the Laptop will not connect to the internet to install the drivers if downloaded to the Laptop. I am contacting you from my personal Computer. I have called HP Tech Support spent over Hour with them and not get anywhere.

Someone PLEASE throw me a life line here ??? I am willing to do a Reset to Factory Settings, but I seem to not find a way to do it with out that disc.
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is online now flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,888 posts.

Experience: Advanced
08-Aug-2012, 03:56 PM #2
What's the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker of that HP Pavilion dv9000 series laptop so we can determine the EXACT model number that you have?

The HP/Compaq support site lists 98 models for the dv9000 series laptop.

----------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!