Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Monitor For Computer

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Aug-2012, 12:33 AM #1
Monitor For Computer
Hello all, I'm fair new to computers, but I believe I know my way around well enough to manage. I recently bought a computer (specification listed when I registered), and I am looking for a monitor. I understand that DVI-D is basically identical to HDMI. Through the use of a simple converter, I could hook my computer up to my TV, a Sony CECH-ZED1U.

What I would like to know is if there are any known issues (I could not find any on google doing a short search), or whether I would be better off buying a new monitor that supports DVI input?

Thanks,
Deww
batscrptmod200 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 156 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Aug-2012, 09:36 PM #2
Just get a monitor too many things could complicate when hooking to tv or converting
Computer Specs
Moderator with 43,386 posts.

Experience: Advanced
22-Aug-2012, 12:40 PM #3
HDMI to DVI-D adapters work flawlessly, unless you need additional things such as Audio which HDMI supports but DVI does not and some monitors only support 3D modes using DVI. Doesn't that monitor have both DVI and HDMI? Pretty much all new computers support both as well.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!