Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ddr5 graphics card in dual core machine

(!)

Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 43 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 02:40 AM #1
ddr5 graphics card in dual core machine
HI there all, i have a question.. i have a spare ddr5 HIS 5770 graphics card i was wondering if i could put it in my little dual core machine (old trusty) ,the card can run dvi or hdmi or is this overkill for such a small machine being a dualcore and all its an acer veriton 5700g 2 gig of ram,ps its running win 7 (dunno how i jammed it in there but i did), and if its possible would i need any hdmi drivers to help the board cope or is it just impossible all together? would be cool if i could turn it into a tiny freak machine ,hopefully i havnt left anything out ,cheers
Computer Specs

18-Aug-2012, 02:47 AM #2
also it currently runs a asus silent gt210 1gb card ddr3,and i have a spare 720 watt psu ,obviusly id need to add that to run the card also
Computer Specs
Moderator with 43,209 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Aug-2012, 09:45 AM #3
No real issue running a DDR5 memory equipped card in a dual core system, the card may not perform to it's full potential but it'll still work, depending on which processor you have it may not be limited at all, the Radeon HD 5770 is a great card but by no means a monster. The stock Acer power supply won't be able to handle it properly but if you have a 720 watt PSU then that would do it.

AMD has drivers that will install all the drivers needed for the card: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Computer Specs

19-Aug-2012, 03:12 AM #4
thanks very much i thought it probebly would , and no its not a monster especially in comaparison to my main machine 8 core amd with asus mars III Dual GTX 680 8GB limited edition, thanks
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!