Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Replacement tip for AC power cord?

(!)

Member with 172 posts.

19-Aug-2012, 08:55 PM #1
Replacement tip for AC power cord?
I have a Samsung laptop, and not long ago I bought a replacement AC power adapter from Rocketfish. However, the adapter tip - the part that plugs into the laptop - accidentally broke off yesterday and now I need a new one. The adapter tip just snaps on and off from the power/adapter cable, and the package came with about ten alternate tips of varying sizes (none of which fit my laptop).

Can I get a replacement tip somewhere without having to replace the entire expensive adapter power cord? I would think someone would sell it, as it just easily snaps on and off. All the various online posts I've seen seem to suggest that I need a soldering kit and workshop to get it done. But if that's the case, why does it just snap on and off?
Computer Specs
Moderator with 42,807 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Aug-2012, 12:46 PM #2
Did a quick Google search for "RocketFish tips" and apparently Belkin is a RocketFish partner and carries replacement tips: http://www.belkin.com/wizard/(S(iu1s...lt.aspx?com=rf
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
adapter, replacement, rocketfish, tip

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!