Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Printer not working right

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 175 posts.

Experience: Beginner
31-Aug-2012, 12:39 AM #1
Printer not working right
I have a kodak printer that I tried to use cheap ink cartrges on. It now only prints some fadedletters and faded hrizontal lines across the page. Someone told me that the cheap non brand name ink cartrges really mess up kodak printers and even cause them to not be fixable. I had another kodak printer that did the same thing a few years ago, but I do not remember if I was using non brand name ink or not. Has anyone heard of this before?
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,601 posts.

31-Aug-2012, 09:35 AM #2
Quote:
Someone told me that the cheap non brand name ink cartrges really mess up kodak printers and even cause them to not be fixable.
i don't know the specifics about that - But I do know that 3rd party cartidges refilled can be as good / better quality , having been remotely involved in a large recycle / recondition ink cartridge manufacturer and supplier
BUT
as i say i don't know about the kodak

try looking in the options for the printer , I have only played with the All-in-1 and they have a program installed on the PC
called kodak tools
maintenance and should have some cleaning options
have you tried these ?
Computer Specs
Member with 175 posts.

31-Aug-2012, 11:33 AM #3
I tried using mantenance tools like align, clean and calibrate. They did not work. A message popped up that read: "Check for errors or if printer is busy and try again". It is not busy and the only errors I can find is the one mentioned at the start of this thead and the tools do not work. I am going to look through the software some more and check back here later. Is that the tools I needed to try? Thank You for your response.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,601 posts.

31-Aug-2012, 12:31 PM #4
Quote:
Is that the tools I needed to try?
yes thats what i was thinking

given the cost of printers , its probably cheaper to buy new then replace all the cartridges these days
Computer Specs
Member with 12 posts.

Experience: tech for home/HO PCs
02-Sep-2012, 12:16 AM #5
Sounds like you might have refilled cartridges in your printer.that weren't tested after refiling, or you've run out of ink. If they came with a warranty, get them replaced at n/c unless they are out of ink.
Member with 176 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Sep-2012, 09:05 PM #6
your printer need more attention to a technical personel,, try to bring that to the nearest repair shop they will cleaned it the clog ink and etc.
Computer Specs
Member with 175 posts.

05-Sep-2012, 01:39 AM #7
Yes about the cost of printers and ink. 2 or 3 years ago a Comp USA Store closed. I bought 5 printers for $29.99 each. The ink cost more than that. So for a while I changed printers not ink.
The Kodak got turned off over night and now it works. Thank You all for your responses.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!