Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HP 6500 problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Sep-2012, 10:26 PM #1
Angry HP 6500 problem
I recently tried to connect my HP Officejet 6500n to my wireless network. Everything went well, but since then, the scanner keeps "disappearing." I get the message that the scanner is disconnected or not detected. I have re-installed the printer from an updated file that I downloaded from HP. If I try to install from the CD, I get a message that says "Newer driver already installed." Just today, I re-installed the printer drivers 4 times. The scanner works once or twice, then "disappears." I am using the IP address that came with the D-Link router (192.168.0.1).
Member with 3,704 posts.

Experience: Advanced
14-Sep-2012, 07:41 PM #2
Are you trying to continiously use the scanner? Or just using it once, and then trying again hours later?

Most often in problems like this, there are long periods between use. The problem is often caused by the device losing it's IP or the device going to sleep and not responding to the LAN. When directly connected, devices will wake up and respond, but many can't or don't wake to LAN traffic. Sometines there is an option in the setup related to LAN use.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!