Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

New gfx card

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Sep-2012, 04:05 PM #1
New gfx card
Hello peeps.

Today, i just got my super OC Black edition 7770 gfx card.
Problem is tho, that whenever i install the driver for it and boot my system it shuts down immediately after pretty much loading windows, or at the login screen.

I dont really know what could be causing this, since the recommended PSU req. is 550W, and that's what i have in my pc.

My specs are:

PSU: Corsair VX550W
Motherboard: H55M-D2H
CPU: i5-760 2.80GHZ
Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
4gb ram

I have tried disconnecting all non essential equipments, leaving only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor, and the internet left, but it still did it.

Anything else you wanna know, just ask me, other than that, I'd really love it if anyone could come up with some suggestions of what i could do to check out the problems, and narrow down the issue of this.

As far as I can tell it may be the PSU, but it does say 550W recommended.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DxDiag.zip (6.1 KB, 3 views)
Member with 3,799 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Sep-2012, 09:15 PM #2
Will it boot into the BIOS? Will it boot into Safe Mode?

If not, and the only change is the video card, then I would suspect the video card is faulty, or as you pointed out, the power supply.
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Sep-2012, 11:22 AM #3
It can boot into safe mode and bios just fine, but in safe mode, i dont think it uses the actual card, but rather the onboard, making it able to go to safe mode with no issues, i just tried with my brothers 750W psu, and it worked fine, so it is my psu
Member with 3,799 posts.

Experience: Advanced
19-Sep-2012, 08:07 PM #4
You can tell which card/chipset is used based on where you have connected the monitor. The onboard chipset has it's own output ports as does the video card. If you have the monitor connected to the video card, then you are using the video card chipset.

Cool. Glad you could figure it out.

Last edited by Oddba11; 19-Sep-2012 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: clarification
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!