Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

monitor goes yellow

(!)

Member with 98 posts.

24-Aug-2003, 09:47 AM #1
monitor goes yellow
My monitor has gone yellow. it is not a color preference I changed, it just all of the sudden has turned yellow. I assume its broken, but I just have two questions:

1) should I go with the warranty, or could it be something simple that I could fix it with (like hitting it)

2) is there any way I can make it strain my eyes less until I do get a new monitor (or fix it)

thanks
Member with 5,531 posts.

24-Aug-2003, 09:57 AM #2
Hi,

Found this thread at another forum - though it is rather dated I recommend you read it as there seem to be a couple of possibilities here :

http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread....613/qid/256315

It could be a cable not being correctly inserted, a damaged pin, or either your monitor / graphics card have developed a fault.

Any chance you could check on the cable / pin idea first ? Then if no luck do you have access to another system where you could perhaps try your monitor / graphics card one at a time ?
Senior Member with 3,992 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Aug-2003, 09:59 AM #3
Hi soggycrouton

You can try reseating the monitor signal cable (check for bent pins on the connector) and also try the monitor on a different computer if one is available. It sounds like you have lost one of the main colors (Red, Green, Blue) If the monitor still looks bad on a different computer get it replaced under warranty. You don't want to be messing around inside the monitor where there are dangerous voltages that can hang around even after the monitor is unplugged.

Edit Looks like RSM123 beat me in posting.
Member with 98 posts.

24-Aug-2003, 10:06 AM #4
thanks for the quick replies. it looks like it was just a cable that was not plugged in correctly. sorry for the trouble
Member with 5,531 posts.

24-Aug-2003, 10:09 AM #5
Thanks for the reply,

Have a Good Day.

RSM.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!