There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.


Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

mic bias wire? connecting to mobo


urdreamn's Avatar
urdreamn urdreamn is offline
Junior Member with 1 posts.
Join Date: Jul 2004
Experience: Advanced
03-Jul-2004, 11:32 PM #1
mic bias wire? connecting to mobo
I am connecting my front panel audio connector to the mobo, and i dont know what mic bias is or which place to connect it to. I cant seem to get the mic in the front of the computer to work. I t works in the back but not in
the front. Any ideas?
kiwiguy's Avatar
Member with 17,584 posts.
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Zealand
04-Jul-2004, 02:11 AM #2
Mic bias is the DC feed to an "electret" type condenser microphone

Audio is on the tip, current limited 5v bias is on the ring and ground is on the sleeve.

Check it out here:
Email This Email  Print This Print  Bookmark This Bookmark  Tweet This Send to Facebook Send to MySpace Send to StumbleUpon Digg This | More Services More
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

You Are Using: Server ID
Trusted Website Back to the Top ↑

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2