Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

LCD monitor flickers red or is tinted red

(!)

Computer Specs
Senior Member with 606 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
11-Aug-2004, 08:56 PM #1
LCD monitor flickers red or is tinted red
I have an Acer Acerview f51 monitor, and sometimes it flickers red, or stays tinted red, and even if i go to the monitor menu to change the RGB, and lower red, it still stays like this.

Auto-audjust works for a certain amount of time, but the red comes back.

What could the problem be?

i guess it could be a driver problem? but i doubt it.

I was thinking it could be a problem with the power supply - im not sure if the one it has is the original one, although it fits fine.

thanks
Member with 4,092 posts.

Experience: "No threat to Einstein"
11-Aug-2004, 09:38 PM #2
What happens if you plug in another monitor
Computer Specs

11-Aug-2004, 10:08 PM #3
CRT monitor works
Member with 7,794 posts.

11-Aug-2004, 10:24 PM #4
Make sure that you don't have any bent connector pins or kinks in your monitor cable.
Computer Specs

11-Aug-2004, 11:19 PM #5
the vga cable is plugged directly into the monitor, and i will unplug it from the back of the back of the computer and replug it - didnt see any bent pins...

if its not the cable, what could be the problem?

is it possible that this acer f51 is just an old LCD monitor and all older lcd monitors do this? I don't see how it could just happen.

It appears that things that should be black appear red, or flicker red, its very annoying.

When i first plugged in the monitor, it seemed ok, and the red stuff started appearing about an hour later . did nothing to the monitor during that time - monitor seems like its in good condition.

very confused..
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,544 posts.

Experience: Have caught the Tech bug Virus
11-Aug-2004, 11:35 PM #6
hello Sphinx, So your New LCD don't work but your old CRT does. Hummm...... the more I am in this forum the more I here about LCD screen troubles. Everyone should know that LCD's have a LONG way to go before the technology even gets of he point where it compares to CRT's. I have seen countless CRT's that last for years with abuse. I have an HPm70 that I bought over 4 years ago and it is as bright as the day I bought it. This is is just one of many examples. There was a poster person the other day that merely leaned over his LCD monitor and marred the screen with his clothes. I could go on and on about the inadequacies of LCD's. So IMHO go back to the CRT and wait for the LCD's to get better. Good Luck!

Last edited by 4steve44; 12-Aug-2004 at 12:41 AM..
Member with 115 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Aug-2004, 11:40 PM #7
I agree whole heartedly with you Steve because I have been using CRTs to play games for over 7 years and one of the people that I talk to online has an LCD monitor and he complains to me all the time how when he watches a DVD he cant do much else because he gets a terrible tracer everytime an IM or other pop up decides to rear its head. He said that it has been working pretty well for him but he just wants the stupid Mouse trace and other little things that stick behind in the picture to just go away. These are his words (Paraphrased) DARN THIS STUPID TRANSPARENT LOOK!!!!!
Computer Specs

12-Aug-2004, 01:13 PM #8
this acer f51 works FINE, except for the RED TINT!!!, i can also see flickering/flashing slightly if i look closely. It seems like anywhere BLACK is supposed to be, it is red or redder.

tried installing the f51 profile i found online , no help, also tried adjusted colors, no help.
Senior Member with 3,956 posts.

Experience: Advanced
12-Aug-2004, 01:39 PM #9
We use LCD displays in work on the factory floor, and that's pretty much the way the work before they die. First stage reddish color, second stage fussy image around the borders, third stage image disappears, comes back, over and over again, forth stage death. On the factory floor these monitors are on 24/7 and only last between 2 to 3 years of hard use, however yours may last a while longer, if you only have it on when your using it. On the other hand the CTR's we use last between 5-8 years.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!