Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Help with laptop DVD-drive, is skipping all the movies!

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: noobie
16-Aug-2004, 10:09 PM #1
Help with laptop DVD-drive, is skipping all the movies!
Ok, I have a Toshiba DvD-rom SD-C2502 in my laptop and is skipping all the dvds I play, the skipping is ramdomly and sometimes it skips with audio. I load the disk and after 3 to 5 minutes it starts skipping all the time, and this is on every single movie I try to play. DMA is enabled so I guess that is not it. Is it a problem w/ the soundcard or the videocard configuration (I have an Ati radeon 7500)? I tried cleaning the lens and it didn't worked, I also loaded the movies to different programs like WMP, and WinDVD, but that didn't worked either. Can someone help me with this, I am extremely desperate, please help!
Member with 78 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Aug-2004, 05:06 PM #2
Has this always done this or is this something that has just recently started? Do you have DMA enabled on this drive? Check the properties of the drive in the device manager to find out. If it is not enabled, enable it. If it is enabled you just might have a bad drive. I know that Toshiba does not require any kind of special driver for windoze.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,826 posts.

Experience: Hmmm, what's this button
17-Aug-2004, 06:27 PM #3
I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem playing DVD's on my laptop, and changing the resolution actually fixed it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!