Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ECS G732 (Green732E) laptop keyboard & fan replacement instructions needed please

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Mar-2005, 12:22 PM #1
Exclamation ECS G732 (Green732E) laptop keyboard & fan replacement instructions needed please
I have a Digital Elite Group (ECS) G732 (Model # GREEN732E) laptop and my "s" and "d" keys no longer work (a couple other didn't either but I got those back somehow). I have purchased the keyboard but it seems this is not a typical replacement. I am needing instructions on how to install it please. I would greatly appreciate disassembly/assembly instructions as I have searched the web for weeks to no avail as the company I bought the laptop from is unable/unwilling to help and repair people say they are unable to work on this type due to lack of knowledge (at least they were honest with me). Regarding the fan, I was going to replace it while I was in there anyway. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Senior Member with 3,956 posts.

Experience: Advanced
06-Mar-2005, 12:49 PM #2
The procedure for this is in your user manual page 95 http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/dl_g732.html all you have do is insert a card (credit card works nice) in the lower left hand corner of the last row of keys this releses the 4 latches for the keyboard then just lift up on it that's it realy if you got to the link I provided download the manual in your faverite language once it's downloaded open the PDF, and skip down to page 95 this is the section for changing PIN setting, replacing the fans, ect.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Mar-2005, 03:17 PM #3
All I can say is you're awesome! The latches weren't in the exact spot but you surely directed where to go. Thanks so much for the quick and correct response. Now for the life of me I can't figure out why the company wouldn't help or I couldn't get repairmen or they gave me so many different and difficult responses.. Oh well, a loss of easy money. It was so simple I couldn't believe it. Again, thank you. If there's ever anything I can do for you, just call on me. You're the best!
Member with 57 posts.

Experience: I can break em real good
15-Mar-2006, 03:17 PM #4
I'm trying to find a replacement fan for this exact laptop, anybody have any suggestions where to look? The manual linked above doesn't mention the fan at all, and unfortunately I don't have it in front of me to try pulling the fan to get a part #.

Thanks in advance!
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Apr-2006, 03:42 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fs
I'm trying to find a replacement fan for this exact laptop, anybody have any suggestions where to look? The manual linked above doesn't mention the fan at all, and unfortunately I don't have it in front of me to try pulling the fan to get a part #.

Thanks in advance!
http://www.desknote.net/ $19 cheapest I could find for my G732. Other sites want $65
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!