Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

AsInsHelp DLL error

(!)

Junior Member with 8 posts.

05-Aug-2005, 02:36 PM #1
AsInsHelp DLL error
Just built the system below two months ago. I loaded all the software that came with the motherboard. When attempting to setup the AMD Cool and Quiet (CnQ) program at the end of set up I get a "failed to initial AsInsHelp DLL" error message. I have updated BIOS v.1008 for the A8V-E Deluxe MB and the CnQ program but keep getting the same message. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Oct-2005, 01:10 AM #2
[QUOTE=Chipolito]When attempting to setup the AMD Cool and Quiet (CnQ) program at the end of set up I get a "failed to initial AsInsHelp DLL" error message. QUOTE]

I think i have a similar problem. The program itself seems to work just fine, but from time to time i get eror messages in eventviewer:

Service Control Manager | Event 7000

The ASInsHelp service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

netevent.dll (5.1.2600.0)

My computer sometimes just stalls ( once a week). When i view the eventlog afterwards there's always that "ASInsHelp service failed to start " just before the computer stalled.

This 'service' is started with wondows (seen in eventviewer)
but i can't find a location to switch it off.

I uninstalled the asus software, didn't help ..
re-installed .. no good.

Possibly the missing file is: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AsInsHelp32.sys ; which indeed i do not have.

So, does anyone know how to stop ASInsHelp service from trying to start ??

Thx

//Ptr

netevent.dll info: testmyfirewall.com/dll-files/netevent.html
ASInsHelp service info: nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=477086

wasat says: ASInsHelp is the Ai Booster that Asus provides. Just install the Ai Booster software to the default location and it should be fine. It's a poorly written install that only works when installed where Asus says to.

i'll try that !!

10-Oct-2005, 01:24 AM #3
Talking it worked !
It worked !
The ASInsHelp service was successfully sent a start control.

Before it would never start...
What i did was install the ASUS Cool&Quit softwware which i previously uninstalled because it sucked. It aparently took revenge and forced me to re-install. Oh well. As long as i don't get BSODs anymore.

10-Oct-2005, 02:26 AM #4
Chipolito, maybe you didn't install the asus cool&quit driver before you installed the app?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!