Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cant get my headset to work :'(

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

12-Aug-2005, 03:44 AM #1
Cant get my headset to work :'(
I got my new computer yesterday and have installed everything but i just cant get my headset to work.Ive got it plugged in the right sockets and ive had a fiddle on sounds and audio devices but it just wont do anything.i cant speak or hear anything.please help .
Senior Member with 394 posts.

Experience: Possibly Competent
12-Aug-2005, 09:06 AM #2
ok what headset have u got(make-model) and what connections does it have (headphone jack or usb)? Do you have/did have speakers? Is the headset to work with the speakers or to replace them? Also what OS are your running?

12-Aug-2005, 09:10 AM #3
Its a platronics headset with mic and speakers.Its got 2 wires at the end, a pink ended one and a black one.I am using xp home.I havent used speakers yet.I dont have a sound card i have 5.1 onbaord sound

12-Aug-2005, 09:49 AM #4
not very computer smart as you can see by that
Senior Member with 394 posts.

Experience: Possibly Competent
16-Aug-2005, 05:57 AM #5
hmmm, thought i replied to this yesterday, lets try again

ok as youre using onboard sound, you should probably have 3, jacks on the back of your pc (out, in and mic), u need to connect the headphone connection to the out and the mic to the mic (probably done this part).

next you need to check the sound settings on your pc. You need to check the following (might be worth playing an mp3 to check if the settings make a difference):-
1) Mixer - at bottom right of your screen in the taskbar u should hopefully have a sound control, open this up and check all parts are enabled, also check that it is set to headphones setting
2) Volume control, in accessories\entertainment there is avolume control, again check all options enabled and nothing set to mute
3) If still no sound, look in control panel, it might be there is a problem with a sound device (maybe the case that u need to install sound drivers, if the pc has never been setup for sound)

Anyway post back with your results.
Computer Specs
Member with 464 posts.

Experience: Enough to be dangerous.
16-Aug-2005, 09:36 AM #6
Make sure the proper motherboard drivers are installed. Also, try using some speakers. If you still get not sound, then at least you know your headset isn't bad.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!