Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Help! My Monitor Display Has Gone Pink!

(!)

Junior Member with 15 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Nov-2005, 10:09 AM #1
Help! My Monitor Display Has Gone Pink!
Hello all.

I have a bad feeling about this problem, but I thought I'd do a little posty here to see if theres any fix for it.

Ok so I have a LG Flatron F700B monitor, last couple of days I thought the colour was going a bit off, sometimes the white would come up as slightly reddish. I didnt think too much of it thought it was probably my eyes complaining or something. But just now the monitor display started flickering and now it has a permanent pink tinge to it, green display as a browny colour and blues are all neon like.

I was wondering if there was any good fix for this or would I have to do the inevitable and fork out for a new monitor?!
Account Disabled with 961 posts.

15-Nov-2005, 10:45 AM #2
Maybe try to wiggle or tighten the monitor cable where it goes into the video card at the back of the computer. My color on the screen will often go wack when the plug comes undone.
Account Disabled with 1,121 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Nov-2005, 07:58 AM #3
This One Sounds Like A Color Controller Circuit Is Giving Out.
Member with 179 posts.

17-Nov-2005, 08:22 AM #4
Definitely check the cable as Rukee mentioned, but I would also check the monitor's onscreen menu for a Degauss option and see if that doesn't make a difference...worth a shot. Otherwise it could be a corrupted driver or as PC Tech250 mentioned, hardware corruption.
Member with 17,584 posts.

17-Nov-2005, 12:30 PM #5
I go for the cable as #1, a failed electronics board as #2 (poor solder joint likely) but would rule out the degaussing as a cure.

Degaussing will remedy colour impurity patchiness, caused by magnetic influence (including relocation of the screen compared to the earths magnetic filed) but not an overall tinge that occurred as described.
Account Disabled with 1,121 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Nov-2005, 12:50 PM #6
The word on color control circuitry is nothing just related to svga monitors. Don't be
forgetting some of those early color television sets where age saw goobers like what is
being described here. Crt(cathode ray tube) monitors have a shorter reported life than
one of the newer model lcd monitors. The crt doesn't necessarily have to be that old if
the system runs most hours of day and night just in a year or two. Crts are like a bulb
you put in a light socket. Sooner or later something is going to go.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!