Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How Can I Find Out The Size Of My Laptop Monitor?

(!)

Member with 263 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Nov-2005, 05:33 PM #1
How Can I Find Out The Size Of My Laptop Monitor?
Hello all

I have a Gateway 600 Series(600YGR) Notebook. It's hinges have become ridiculously loose, and as such I need to order new ones and put them in(I know how to do it and it's much preferable to paying Gateway $300 to give me a new LCD). The only problem is that this model apparently comes in two sizes LCD-wise: 15.0 and 15.7. I don't know which mine is. Is it enough to just put a measuring tape to my monitor? Or is there any other way to find out? It's not in any of my documentation. Any help is appreciated.
Member with 6,375 posts.

16-Nov-2005, 05:41 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrru2
Is it enough to just put a measuring tape to my monitor? .
Thats what I would do I'm not sure though if you would measure horizontally or from corner to corner? Maybe someone else knows. Some t.v. screens are measured from corner to corner, thats why I mentioned it.
Senior Member with 2,578 posts.

16-Nov-2005, 05:56 PM #3
Go to THIS link then click on the two hinges listed. Compare the picture of each set with what is on your laptop.

Good luck.

Kilowatt
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,873 posts.

16-Nov-2005, 06:01 PM #4
LCD viewable size is the same size as stated by the manufacturer, unlike CRTs where their viewable size is smaller than the size specified.

Measure the screen from bottom left to top right. That will give you your size.
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

16-Nov-2005, 06:04 PM #5
or one better:

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/...01243sp2.shtml

Is your machine a Celeron or Pentium 4? My guess is that the Pentium 4 is 15.7".
Member with 263 posts.

16-Nov-2005, 06:11 PM #6
Mine is Pentium 4.

And when I measured the monitor from corner to corner(and I assume you're supposed to measure JUST the viewing area and NOT the frame/bezel), it went over 15. A little over 15 and a half, actually.

So, should I assume it's 15.7"?

16-Nov-2005, 06:18 PM #7
yeah, I don't think they would put a 15.7" screen with a celeron while putting a 15" on a P4 Well not when I was selling notebooks anyways
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!