Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Proteva blues

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

16-Apr-2001, 01:19 PM #1
I need help,I found out that Proteva is no longer in business and that they sold a lot of junk computers, including mine. I have a 433 celeron processor that has been given me problems for a while. Yesterday I tried to switch printers because of printer errors and it froze on me. When I powered off and tried to reboot it gave me a constant beep and I was unable to boot it up. I disconnected the printers but that did not help. Any suggestions, I understand that Proteva computers had a lot of low quality parts installed, but am unsure where to start.
Retired Administrator with 103,708 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Apr-2001, 01:24 PM #2
It sounds like this problem is not stemming from a printer problem.....can you boot into safe mode?
Computer Specs
Member with 13,935 posts.

16-Apr-2001, 01:26 PM #3
Hey, I had the same thing happen to me after my machine was soaked. What it turned out to be in my case was a loose connection on the motherboard. I opened the case, unhooked and reattached everything on the board, and she booted right up. Remember AcaCandy? You helped me on that.

16-Apr-2001, 01:41 PM #4
Now, how could I forget?????

16-Apr-2001, 01:46 PM #5
P.S. I re-read your post, what am I thinking, you said it wouldn't boot at all....bah humbug.

Andrew, do you feel comfortable opening up the computer? If not, it might be time for a trip to the PC Doctor.

Computer Specs
Member with 13,935 posts.

16-Apr-2001, 07:03 PM #6
Yeah, at first I had nothing. Then after drying it out I had the BEEP,BEEP,BEEP syndrome. I still owe you all for that one.

17-Apr-2001, 10:29 AM #7
Proteva Blues
Thanks for the replys, I do feel comfortable taking it apart, I'll try unhooking the components and reattach and make sure everything is seated correctly and try to reboot. I currently can not boot into safe mode.

18-Apr-2001, 10:53 AM #8
Wink Proteva Blues
Thanks Everyone, I opened up the case and unconnected all the hardware, peripherals etc. and then reconnected and voila it booted right up. I ran a few programs and everything seems to be functioning correctly. The only thing seems is that the power supply is real noisy, should that be a concern?

18-Apr-2001, 11:13 AM #9
Usually not good. Start looking for a new one pronto.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!