Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

USB Hub Power Adapter

(!)

Member with 66 posts.

21-Jan-2006, 09:46 PM #1
USB Hub Power Adapter
I bought a Dynex USB 2.0 4-Port Hub last week and have decided to add an external power supply to power the hub. The short and terse User Manual notes on the final page that a 5Volt / 2.5 Amp Power Adapter may be connected. I called their customer support number and talked to a lady, but her best advice was return to the store and ask there. My experience with this store over the years has been fat chance for this kind of request. Has anyone got a suggestion as to where I can purchase such a USB Power Adapter?
Member with 7,794 posts.

22-Jan-2006, 09:23 AM #2
Radio Shack would be a good place to start although you might have to get one of their adjustable models. A Google search should also turn up something. Actually I just replaced my D-Link powered USB1 hub with a USB2 model. The old one is just sitting around and it has a 5V 2.4A adapter. If you want it so you can use the adapter just PM me and I'll send it to you.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

22-Jan-2006, 09:56 AM #3
Since the various hubs have different power connectors, the best advice is probably the Radio Shack suggestion. Their universal supplies have multiple connectors that you can use to adapt to the specific situation.
Member with 66 posts.

23-Jan-2006, 03:30 PM #4
Thanks. I think Radio Shack might be a good place to look. I had done an extensive Google search prior to posting, but had gotten frustrated with the results.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!