Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Mouse Keeps Jumping?

(!)

Member with 82 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Jan-2006, 12:27 PM #1
Mouse Keeps Jumping?
Hey i dont know if any of you have ever had this problem, but ive had it happen to me on a couple computers.

I use a Logitech USB mouse and when i move my mouse around it randomly jumps to a corner of the screen, its really annoying especially when gaming... It didnt used to do this when i first got it, and I shouldnt have to re-install a driver because its P&P..

any Ideas?
-Rob
Member with 88 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Jan-2006, 01:33 PM #2
I've had this trouble too, with an optical Saitek USB mouse. It's been the same on two different PCs, though I don't remeber having the trouble when I first got it.

I wondered if it might be something as simple as the surface I was using it on - going to experiment with different mouse mats. Reinstalling drivers doesn't appear to do anything.
Member with 82 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Jan-2006, 02:19 PM #3
yeah the drivers have nothing to do with it. Its very possible its the surface, I dont even use a mouse pad, i use a book which is glossy so that may reflect the laser to cause the mouse to react the way it does, i need to go invest in a good pad..
Account Disabled with 1,738 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Jan-2006, 02:30 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3h_s01j4
i need to go invest in a good pad..
http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/where...gi?t=mouse+pad
Member with 1,269 posts.

Experience: Techie
26-Jan-2006, 05:20 PM #5
Seen this prob a few times with ps2 scroller mice, it happens when the mouse is faulty.
If the surface is wrong for an optical mouse, the curser wont move as it should, Ive never known one to jump.
I would presume the mouse is faulty.
Member with 450 posts.

26-Jan-2006, 05:24 PM #6
I wouldn't worry too much yet. Optical mice have a tendency to bounce around and tweak out sporadically when you use them on glossy, metallic or reflective surfaces.

I've experienced your exact same problem with a small kensington mouse I use with my laptop, and even the mouse we have at work (which is on an aluminum shelf.) When I use my kensington on polished hardwood or aluminum, the pointer will occasionally lunge for the corner of the screen. I'll use that same mouse on a decent pad or the arm of a couch and it'll be fine.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!